Are you planning to install hardwood flooring in your home? Undoubtedly, hardwood floors are a classic flooring option that goes well with almost any interior design. They boost your property value and are an excellent choice for both commercial and residential use. While this timeless look brings a massive return on investment, you may have to consider some of the drawbacks of hardwood floors. Continue reading this blog as we guide you through the pros and cons of hardwood floors!
Pros of Using Hardwood Floors
- Return on Investment– as mentioned earlier, hardwood floors are an excellent investment. Homeowners can recoup 106% of their money if hardwood floors are installed in their homes. It increases property value and allows homeowners to make a profit when they sell their homes.
- Allergen Reducer –unlike carpets, hardwood floors resist dirt and allergen accumulation. This factor can help you avoid various allergies and respiratory issues.
- Versatility – hardwoodfloors go well with various decorative motifs. From neutral hues to bright and vivid furniture, hardwood floors complement different color themes that you might have in your room.
- Maintenance –maintaining hardwood floors is easy. However, you may have to clean or mop it frequently. A water and vinegar solution would work best to clean grime and dirt off hardwood floors.
- Durability –Most people consider installing hardwood floors due to their durability. With proper maintenance, hardwood floors can last for years! This includes refinishing your floors every ten years or so. You may also consider sanding or a new coat application to ensure its longevity.
- Aesthetics –lastly, the best advantage that hardwood flooring offers is its elegant look. Hardwood floors improve your home’s visual appeal and make it look cozier, warmer, and more stylish!
Cons of Using Hardwood Floors
- Cost- although hardwood floors bring a great return on investment, you will still have to pay a large upfront cost. Hardwood flooring is by far the most expensive flooring design in the flooring industry. An average hardwood floor can cost $6 to $12 per square foot. Furthermore, the additional labor and installation costs will only add to your expenses!
- Moisture Damage – unfortunately, hardwood floors aren’t waterproof, making them susceptible to water damage. Spills, shower steam, water splashes, etc., can be difficult to clean and put you at a health risk.
- Gouges and Scratches –despite its high durability and stability, hardwood floors are likely to get gouged and scratched. Nevertheless, professional refinishing services can make your floor look as good as new!
- Noise –another drawback of hardwood flooring is that it creates a louder environment when walked upon. Older flooring is also more likely to creak.
The Bottom Line
The many advantages that hardwood flooring
offers make it easier for us to overlook its drawbacks. If you wish to install hardwood flooring
in your home, call us today
! At New Day Floors
, our flooring installers use the best equipment and techniques to install floors professionally.